Tuesday 12 August 2014

Bargain (ish) Haul

Working five minutes down the road from a shopping complex with both an Outfit and a Boots is by far my downfall, and almost definitely why I never have any money. After work last night Mum decided to take me for a coffee (because it's not like I'm a waitress in a coffee shop, or anything..) and I couldn't resist a sneaky peek. Having said that, thanks to sales and offers, I didn't end up spending too much!

This isn't a shop I tend to drop into on the high street, I find it weirdly intimidating - more so than other similar shops. Having said that I found the gorgeous beige/gray crop top with fluorescent yellow lace overlay in the sale for £10 and couldn't resist picking it up!

I'm a sucker for Topshop at the minute, and although the Mom Jeans set me back £40, I've loved them for so long. I have a pair of acid wash ones that I bought that have only been worn a couple of times that are too big now that I'm looking to sell, too, so if you're interested drop me a line. I also managed to pick up the super soft tartan jumper (which I unfortunately can't find online) in the sale for only £12 which I was absolutely made up about!

I went in looking for the Hydraluron Moisture Jelly, which is actually down to the bargain price of £16.66 at the minute, so I picked up the Moisture Boosting Masks too as they were only £13.33. Next I made the massive mistake of popping into the make-up aisles. I was on the look-out for Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipstick, which I managed to pick up in "Grand Cru" which cost me £8.99 but is currently on 3 for 2 (which I resisted!). I also picked up a Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in "Macaroon" for £7.99. I bought the lip butter because I thought my girlfriend had recommended it, it turns out she told me she hates it, but I'm excited to try it none the less! I picked up a Maybelline Colour Tattoo in "Metallic Pomegranate" on a bit of a whim after talking about them during Sunday's #bbloggers (enablers!) but it only cost me £4.99 and I'm sure I'll wear it, as I wear permanent taupe quite a lot and this is a really pretty almost red shade. Last but not least, I picked up two nail varnishes, the orange has a slight shimmer to it and is Rimmel Lasting Finish in "It's A Scorcher!" which was £2.99 and the purple is a pastel lilac shade from Collection Work The Colour called "Lilac Daze" which was only £1.99. I'm definitely of the opinion you can never have too many nail varnishes!

All in all, I felt like I got quite a few things for what I spent, and the jeans were my only real splurge purchase. Have you got any of the items in my haul? What have you been buying lately?

S xo.

No comments: