Friday 8 August 2014

Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain

I absolutely hate lip gloss. I know it's like a right of passage to slick it on and whip your hair around as a teenager, but I have way too much hair for that rubbish and it always, always ends with my hair unattractively sticking to the glittery goop I've smothered on my lips. For that reason, I've always been a lipstick kind of person; the darker the better. I'm the girl rocking a plum lip in the middle of Summer, the word "coral" is enough to send me into a fully fledged panic and I avoid anything gloopy or sticky like the plague. Having said that, the colour of the Parisian Passion Colorstay Stain by Revlon lured me in and for £7.99, or 2 products for £10, it wasn't going to break the bank if I hated it (and I did get a nail varnish as part of the bargain, too.)


I think, as it's described as a stain, I expected this to be closer to something like Benefit Benetint, like a liquid application that dries into a stain, but this isn't like that at all. It goes on somewhat like a gloss, a sort of thick liquid and it doesn't dry, but it does sort of set whilst leaving a stain. It's hard wearing and long lasting, or at least more so than most lipsticks in my experience, however it isn't quite as long lasting as a stain like Benetint. The colour is a deep plum, and is actually quite true to the colour on the tube, but it isn't quite as opaque as similar colours I own like Mac's Rebel, although I guess you should expect that from a stain compared to a lipstick The most pleasant surprise it has to offer though? It isn't sticky! Hallelujah, praise the lord. It's shiny like a gloss, but I don't have to fear a gale and therefore looking like the bearded lady.


All in all, this strikes me as the perfect balance between gloss, stain and lipstick and at such an affordable price, I'll be looking at picking up some more colours. Who knows, maybe I'll even consider trying a coral.

S xo.

No comments: