Thursday 4 September 2014

Bumble and Bumble Deeep

Basically, I am the absolute worst for taking care of my hair. I have washed it far too often for far too long and it has been every colour under the sun with me settling on it now being bleached every six weeks or so. I have this awful tendency (stop judging me) to not brush the bottom of my hair when I throw it into a ponytail every day for work, just brushing the top so it looks halfway decent. Basically, my hair is in an appalling state and I decided a few weeks ago that something needed to be done. I'm not a massive fan of hair care, but I've been secretly lusting after Bumble and Bumble for a few months now, so when I found Bb. Deeep in the Company Cosmetics Store for £18 instead of the usual £24, I snapped it up. It is intended as a protein rich masque for chemically dependent hair, so it sounded right up my street...


The instructions say to use it as a once-a-week treatment, smother on and leave for 20 minutes under heat if possible, but this didn't really work for me, in fact it seemed to make little to no impact at all. Instead, I decided to stick to what I was used to and I swapped my regular conditioner out for this and that seems to have done the trick, my hair is definitely smoother, shinier and a lot less frizzy on the whole. There are two main things that I like about this and I'll be honest, the first is the smell. This sort of smells like some weird banana smoothie and I just love it, it makes the price tag worth it for that alone. The second thing? Easy, the method of dispensing.


I like that instead of a cap that I will inevitably break off like I seem to do with most of my shampoo bottles (cough, elvive.) this is a twist up method. Easy as pie, twist up, squeeze out, twist down. I've found if you're using this as a conditioner it's easier to squeeze it onto your hand and comb it through with your fingers, if you're using it as a masque it's much, much easier to squeeze it onto your hair directly and add more if you need it.

All in all, for what I'm using as a glorified conditioner, £18 is a steep price tag, and £24 is almost eye watering. Having said that, I'm a strong believer in the idea that if it works, it's worth the money and I guess that although it didn't work in the way Bumble and Bumble might have intended it, my hair is smooth and soft like it hasn't been in a good few months if not longer. I'd say probably not a long term solution, but £18 is well worth it to get your hair back on the right track, even in my opinion.

Have you tried any Bumble and Bumble products? What did you think?

S xo.

No comments: